MyConferenceTime admins can change the length of time slots on all schedules. This is helpful when conferences were originally set for X minutes but should by Y minutes. In our example below, we are changing the time slots from 15 minutes to 20 minutes.
- Log in as an admin
- Go to Summaries -> Date Summary
- Select the date(s) that need to be edited
- From the "with selected..." drop-down menu above the table of dates, choose "manage times"
- On the next screen, select the time slots that need to be changed
- From the "with selected" drop-down menu above the table of times, choose "edit length of each time slot."
- On the next page, set the new parameters for your time slots:
- Set the new length of each time slot. In our example, we are changing from 15 minute time slots to 20 minute time slots, so we are selecting 20 minutes
- Set the new break between each conference. Often this value is 0 (no break between conferences) although it is not unusual to have several minutes between conferences to allow time for parents to move from one conference to the next. In our example, we are using 0 (no break) between conferences.
- Choose how the difference in start and end times will be handled.
The first option (most common) starts the first time slot at the original time, then each additional time slot's start time is adjusted based on the new ending time of the previous time slot.
In our example, the first time slot is changed to 3:00-3:20, so the next time slot is changed to 3:20-3:40, then 3:40-4:00, etc.
The second option keeps the original starting time of each time slot. Only the ending time of each time slot is adjusted, based on the length (interval) of the time slot that you select. The "break between each time slot" is ignored because the original start times of each time slot will be maintained.
In our example, if we the first time slot is changed to 3:00-3:20, but the next time slot retains the original start time of 3:15, resulting in the second time slot being 3:15-3:35, the third being 3:30-3:50. Only the ending time of each time slot is adjusted. Warning: If you new length is longer than your original length, you run the risk of having overlapping conferences.
- Press the "Save Changes" button.
Your time slots will now have the new length that you specified. In our example, the time slots were changed from 15 minutes to 20 minutes.