MyConferenceTime allows staff to make a conference schedule private. A private schedule is accessible to parents who have the URL (address) of the conference schedule; parents who do not have the URL of the conference schedule are not able to access the conference schedule.
School staff frequently need to have a conference schedule that is available to a limited number of people. By making the conference schedule "private," the conference schedule
- is accessible by parents who have the URL for the schedule
- is not accessible by parents who do not have the URL for the schedule
- is not accessible to parents accessing the school's schedules from the school's MyConferenceTime homepage
- is accessible to school staff who are logged in
A schedule can be made "private" by teachers and admins.
Directions for teachers to make his/her schedule private:
- Log in
- Go to the conference schedule
- From the "Schedule Options" drop-down menu, choose "Edit schedule title, comment, visibility, undo date"
- In the section for making the schedule immediately available for sign-ups, choose "Private"
- Press "Save Changes"
- When viewing the schedule, note the unique URL (including the special access token at the end of the URL that we covered in our example below) that permits parents who have the URL to access the conference schedule. To allow parents to access your private schedule, you must provide the URL to the parents.