MyConferenceTime allows staff to add virtual conference URLs to individual time slots so that parents and teachers can meet virtually. Each time slot has 2 fields that are available for virtual conference URLs, extra information - any data that might need to be shared with parents after they register.
The information entered in these fields is visible to parents on the registration confirmation page after the parent signs up for a conference; it is not visible to the "general public." This is to prevent non-authorized people from attending a virtual conference.
The information entered in these fields is included in confirmation and reminder emails.
A couple of notes:
- While these fields were added to MyConferenceTime primarily for virtual conference URLs, the fields can be used to disseminate any information to parents - it doesn't have to be a URL!
- MyConferenceTime does not provide the virtual conference service - the URL is to a third-party virtual conference solution that the school uses, such as Zoom, Teams or Google Meet.
- If scheduling does not require that each time slot have a unique virtual conference URL, please see the directions to add a virtual conference URL to a schedule or to a staff member's account info. You'll save yourself a lot of time.
To add a virtual conference URL to a time slot, please follow these directions:
- Log in
- Go to the schedule
- Press the "edit" icon beside the time
- Enter the virtual conference URL (or any other information) in the field labeled "Extra information field 1:" or "Extra information field 2:"
- Press "Save Changes" at the bottom of the form