MyConferenceTime allows staff to add a virtual conference URL to a schedule so that parents and teachers can meet virtually. Each schedule has 1 field that is available for virtual conference URLs, extra information - any data that might need to be shared with parents after they register.
The information entered in this field is visible to parents on the registration confirmation page after the parent signs up for a conference; it is not visible to the "general public." This is to prevent non-authorized people from attending a virtual conference.
The information entered in this field is included in confirmation and reminder emails.
A couple of notes:
- While this field was added to MyConferenceTime primarily for virtual conference URLs, the field can be used to disseminate any information to parents - it doesn't have to be a URL!
- MyConferenceTime does not provide the virtual conference service - the URL is to a third-party virtual conference solution that the school uses, such as Zoom, Teams or Google Meet.
- If scheduling requires that each time slot has a unique virtual conference URL, please see the directions to add a virtual conference URL to individual time slots.
To add a virtual conference URL to a schedule, please follow these directions:
- Log in
- Go to the schedule
- Using the "Schedule Options" dropdown menu, select "Edit schedule title, comment, visibility, undo date"
- Enter the virtual URL (or any other information) in the field labeled "Extra information field for schedule:"
- Press "Save Changes" at the bottom of the form