Schools have the ability to limit the number of times a student registers for a conference in MyConferenceTime.
- Log in (you must have administrative privileges to access the features in the following steps)
- In the “Admin Options” menu, select “Advanced Settings.”
- In the Advanced Settings, you can customize features such as single column or double column view, show/hide the link to request staff accounts, and school-specific timezone (the default is Eastern). You will also see the following options near the bottom of the screen:
- Option 2.0 allows MyConferenceTime administrators and/or all staff to override conference limitations. The default is that nobody can override, but admins can change this option to allow "Admins & Mid-Levels" or "All staff" to override the restrictions, while still having the restrictions apply to parents who are registering for conferences.
- Using the drop-down menus, select the number of conferences permitted based on the email address and student name. You can limit school-wide, by time slot (to prevent overlapping conferences), and by schedule (to prevent multiple conferences with the same teacher).
- If you do not want to limit the number of conferences for a specific setting, set the value to 0. [this is the default]
- If you are limiting the number of conferences based on the email address, we recommend that you make the email address a required field (use Admin Options -> Fields to specify required/optional/hidden fields).
- All changes on the “Advanced Settings” page save automatically.
A few warnings:
- The system counts how many times an email address has been used to register for a conference for your school. If you set the limit at 2 but there are 3 children in the family, the system will not allow registration of the third conference.
- The system does not recognize variations of names. Even if the limit per name is 1, the system will permit a conference for “Joseph Spalding” and a conference for “Joe Spalding.” It is unfortunate that someone would try to circumvent the system in this manner.
- The system has no way of knowing that two different email addresses belong to the same person. Even if the limit per email address is 1, a parent could get around the limitation by signing up for the first conference with email@example.com and the second conference with firstname.lastname@example.org. It is unfortunate that someone would try to circumvent the system in this manner.